The St. Albert and Sturgeon Primary Care Network was established in 2006 to enhance the delivery of primary care services. PCN member physicians work with a health care team including nurses, pharmacists, mental health nurses, dietitians, social workers and other staff, to provide maternity to end-of-life care, focusing on treating illness, managing chronic conditions and maintaining wellness.
The St. Albert and Sturgeon PCN strives to be a leader in the community it serves by creating mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders. Through community partnerships, opportunities are leveraged to promote patient-centred service.
Geographical Service Area: St. Albert and Sturgeon County (including Alcomdale, Bon Accord, Calahoo, Lancaster Park, Legal, Morinville, Namao, Riviere Qui Barre, Alexander Reserve).
To deliver seamless, integrated healthcare for everyone.
We provide innovative, efficient and quality health care by delivering patient-centred care through the medical home and advocating for our community.
Quality, Service, Collaboration, and Integrity.
Definition of Success for the PCN
The St. Albert and Sturgeon PCN defines success as the development and implementation of patient centred medical home where:
- Patients are activated and engaged in ongoing health optimization and health promotion activities.
- Patients are able to access the appropriate health and medical resources from the appropriate provider in a timely way.
- Family physicians are supported by the appropriate resources (inter-professional team, information resources, technology infrastructure, funding model and access to specialist services) to function as the central ‘hub’ for patient care, providing seamless coordination to an array of comprehensive health and medical services.
- The PCN is a sustainable and successful model of service delivery, one that enhances clinical quality and primary care service delivery, proven by clinical evaluation.
- The PCN works collaboratively with its community to support the health and wellbeing of patients by recognizing the impacts of the broader determinants of health.
Board Of Directors
List of Members
- Dr. Jacqueline Kassam – Board President
- Dr. Krista Bennett – Vice-President
- Dr. Darryl LaBuick – Board Chair
- Dr. Marielle Pratt – Secretary/Treasurer
- Dr. John Lee – Director
- Dr. Alfred Durojaye – Director
- Dr. Kellie Waters – Director
- Dr. Wayne Daviduck – Director
- Ed Knash – Independent Director
- Christina McDonald – Independent Director
- Dolapo Oladele – AHS Governance Representative
- Eleanor Risling – AHS Governance Representative