Better Choices, Better Health Virtual Workshop Series
September 22 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Chronic Pain Self-Management Workshop
The longer you suffer with chronic pain, the more it can affect everything about your life.
At Alberta Health Services, we offer a workshop called the “Better Choices, Better Health® – Chronic Pain Self-Management Program.” The goal of the workshop is to help you learn more about chronic pain and explore ways to take care of yourself to enjoy a better quality of life!
Some of the topics discussed are:
- Techniques to control pain like proper breathing and relaxation
- Healthy eating and becoming more active
- Tips for talking to your health care team
- Dealing with feelings like fear, anger, frustration, worry
- How to make everyday tasks easierWe invite you to take part as much as you can during the sessions. You will learn and benefit from interacting with other people in your class who also deal with chronic pain. You will find support and gain confidence in your ability to live your life to the fullest!
The workshop offers sessions once a week for 6 weeks using the virtual platform Zoom (www.zoom.us). The classes are 2 1⁄2 hours long. There are about 8-12 people in each workshop and there is no charge for registering.
Support people, family and friends are also welcome! More information about the chronic pain workshop can be found at https://albertahealthservices.ca/news/Page15425.aspx
Upcoming Virtual Workshop Series:
Tuesdays: Sept 22, 29 & Oct 6, 13, 20, 27 from 6pm – 8:30pm