Find your F.I.T.T.
January 14, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Find your F.I.I.T is a two hour interactive workshop, facilitated by an exercise professional. The intended audience is persons who are seeking to increase their daily physical activity, but may have barriers in doing so. This class will discuss ways to decrease sedentary behavior, address barriers to increasing physical activity, and de-bunk some common misconceptions about exercise.
Target outcomes for patients:
- Understanding how to safely progress an exercise program through the use of the F.I.T.T principle (Frequency, Intensity, Time and Type)
- How to maintain safety if pain or chronic conditions are present
- Knowledge of how to incorporate all aspects of fitness into an exercise program (cardiorespiratory exercise, strength or resistance training, flexibility and balance)
- Importance of warm-up and cool down
- Realistic expectations of exercise for weight management and management of chronic conditions